Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

D&D Anniversary

So, I don't know how I missed this, but Wizards of the Coast announced just a day ago that they were going to release anniversary/super-duper-collector's editions of the original Advanced Dungeons and Dragons line. We're talking AD&D Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. Yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes. Now, it's no secret that I was pretty late in the game, I came into table-top gaming about five years ago now (I like to think I'm on the border between being a noob still and being a veteran at this point) but I can still be excited by this. As mentioned previously, I recently got into Swords & Wizardry, so my old-school-itch has been scratched and wants more.

The three anniversary "premium" books are due out April 17th in limited release geared towards your FLGS in the US. I don't what I'm going to do as I'm going to be out of the country in April, but I'm going to do something to drop the dough required to pick these bad boys up. 

It's exciting that these books are being made available again, especially since the funds are being used to build a statue to Gary Gygax in his home state, but it leaves many gamers to ask a few questions:
  1. What about Dave Arneson? Is he too not a "godfather" of gaming?
  2. Is this just a ploy by WotC to regain some of their fractured customer base? If so, nice play, hell, it's got me on board and I'm not a member of the fractured user base!
Until next time,


Also! I almost have the PDF version of the first promised railroad-tastic one-shot I made for my group of D&D newbs. At this point I just need to find a good site to upload it to for easy download. As always, if you have any suggestions or comments emails are always welcome (and so are comments below!)

No comments:

Post a Comment